Making A Resolution To Stay Safe From Accidents
A new year brings us all an opportunity to approach and handle situations better than we used to before. This means anticipating the things could be harmful or dangerous to us, rethinking how we encounter situations, and having better plans in place to protect ourselves if something should go awry.
Halperin Law Center has helped numerous clients resolve personal injury and civil liability matters. With more than 25 years of experience under our belts, we have an idea of how to handle a potentially distressing situation and help our clients come out on top.
Tips for Protecting Yourself from an Accident
You deserve to know what your legal rights are. If anyone has caused an accident, you have been a victim of harassment, abuse, or violence, and you were hurt as a result, you have every right to hold those individuals accountable for their actions. You do not have to stay silent, and you certainly do not have to suffer on your own. As legal counselors serving Richmond and the surrounding areas, we are wholeheartedly dedicated to justice.
Based on the types of incidents that we have seen day in and day out. Some of the most common are car accidents that arise due to many different scenarios. We would like to offer some advice on ways you can protect yourself and your loved ones this year.
- Always have a designated driver. Drunk driving is one of the leading causes of auto collisions in Virginia. Make the right choice—have a designated driver at all times.
- Serve non-alcohol beverages. If you are hosting a party, have other options for your guests beyond the common alcoholic choices. Everyone can mingle with a drink in hand—it doesn’t have to be alcohol.
- Watch for signs of erratic drivers. Drivers who are drifting in and out of lanes, tailgating, swerving, or overstepping the boundaries may be drunk, driving drowsy, or worse.
- Use your signals. Turning signals help other drivers understand your intentions.
- Keep your eyes fixated on the road. Don’t forget to look into all of your mirrors periodically, so that you have a full survey of the road.
- Always practice defensive driving. Do not assume that others will stop for you, be kind, or obey the rules of the road.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Remember that most accidents can be prevented. If you can anticipate an accident before it happens, then you can take steps to protect yourself as well.
These pieces of advice only scratch the surface on how you can be safe from an accident. They are an important reminder, also, that we cannot always trust that another driver is going to do the right thing. Sadly, this is why accidents occur. Fortunately, there is a way you can find peace of mind after you have been hurt in a serious accident. Our Richmond car accident lawyers are here to help you!
To see how we can help, please read more about the types of car accident cases we can handle. We can also sit down with you during a free case evaluation to address any questions you might have. Call us today at 804-527-0100.