Richmond Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
It’s an unfortunate fact that pedestrian accidents are common, especially in high-traffic areas like Richmond. If you’ve been injured in a pedestrian accident, you can obtain justice and fair compensation by working with a Richmond pedestrian accident attorney.
In general, walking is considered a healthy and relatively safe activity. However, a pedestrian can be seriously injured or killed in an accident. When a motor vehicle collides with a person, the injuries are likely to be severe. When a dangerous driver has seriously harmed you, you have options to recover compensation. Serious injuries will often result in a lengthy hospital stay, multiple surgeries, physical rehabilitation, and pain and suffering. In addition, the more serious your injuries are, the longer you’ll be away from work, missing out on income you probably need. In some cases, injuries will be so serious that you won’t be able to return to work. You will need to be compensated for all of your injuries and losses. The way to make that happen is to file a personal injury claim against the party who caused your suffering. This party could be a reckless driver, or it could be the city for failing to provide a safe environment for pedestrians. Whatever the case, a Richmond pedestrian accident lawyer can help you file your claim and win the maximum possible compensation.
Major Causes of Pedestrian-Involved Collisions in Richmond
A pedestrian accident occurs when a vehicle strikes a pedestrian (usually an automobile, but it could be a bike, motorcycle, or other vehicle) and the pedestrian is injured. These types of accidents can occur for a number of reasons, but some of the most common reasons are listed below:
- Vehicle runs a red light and strikes a pedestrian in the crosswalk at an intersection
- Pedestrian is not using a crosswalk and a vehicle strikes the pedestrian
- Poorly maintained crosswalks, sidewalks, and streets
- Drunk driving and distracted driving
- Two-vehicle collisions at an intersection (vehicles collide with nearby pedestrians)
- Traffic congestion that causes drivers and pedestrians to make poor choices concerning their safety
- Speeding and other reckless driving behaviors
Serious Injuries in Richmond Pedestrian Accidents
Some of the major types of serious injuries that occur in Richmond pedestrian accidents include the following:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – Head injuries are incredibly serious and can change your entire life. Your memory, cognition, balance, and even your personality can be affected by brain damage. When you’ve suffered a brain injury, you should immediately seek medical attention. You should be compensated for this serious injury.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Injuries to the spine have the potential to make your life unrecognizable. Depending on the severity of your spinal injury, you could be paralyzed or partially paralyzed. This will limit your mobility, affect your ability to work, and take away your ability to enjoy activities you once loved.
- Organ Damage – It goes without saying that we need our organs for survival. When your organs have been damaged in a serious accident, you will need extensive medical treatment in order to live. Compensation for all of the medical expenses you’ve incurred will be imperative to your financial future.
- Broken Bones – Fractured or broken bones can be extremely serious. If bones don’t heal properly, or if a break is particularly complicated, your health and mobility can be forever altered. Broken bones could change your life, but you can file a claim seeking damages for the way this injury has affected you.
- Neck, Back, and Shoulder Damage – Soft tissue damage can be serious, and these types of injuries are known to cause chronic pain. Living with pain can make life difficult. When your body has been so severely affected by a pedestrian accident, you deserve justice.
Filing a Claim to Recover Compensation
When you file an injury claim, you and your Richmond pedestrian injury lawyer can add these damages and more to your claim:
- All related medical expenses
- Loss of income and loss of future income
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Pain and suffering
- Mental trauma
- Loss of life enjoyment
Contact a Richmond Pedestrian Accident Attorney
When you’ve been struck by a vehicle and seriously injured, your injuries are probably going to be serious. Your injuries will come with a list of damages a mile long, including medical expenses, missed wages, and mental anguish from such a frightening experience. You deserve compensation when a reckless driver injures you. And you can get help filing a personal injury claim from a qualified and experienced lawyer. Contact the Halperin Law Center to tell us all about your case during a free, no-obligation case consultation. Simply call our firm at 804-527-0100 to speak with a Richmond pedestrian accident lawyer, or fill out the quick and easy online contact form below.